Elyse Beffa, L.Ac.
'Ultimately, healing must come from within. The ultimate question is how peaceful do you feel in your life? Divine harmony comes when you settle the inner unrest to a state of peace. If peaceful, all those around you are peaceful.’ --Jeffrey Yuen
Classical Acupuncture Clinic
1350 SE Maynard Rd., Suite 203, Cary, NC 27511
Chinese Medicine (CM) is a complete medical system offering primary care that addresses the needs of the individual, treats acute and chronic degenerative conditions and focuses on establishing and maintaining health. It honors the interdependence of body, mind and spirit as well as the inherent healing capacity of each person. The commonly asked question, “How do I get healthy?” requires a response conditional to one’s personal history, symptoms and main complaint. This is the area of expertise for CM.
Ideally, one uses CM as preventive care and health maintenance. But more often than not, pain or disease motivate one to seek treatment. From the CM perspective, if something registers on an allopathic test, it is already severe. CM helps to rebalance distortions before they develop into something more extreme like pain, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis and cancer, to name a few. These conditions result from a web of prolonged signs and symptoms, that untreated and compounded over time, create a pathological condition. CM offers the opportunity to address imbalances early and avoid pathology.
If conditions manifest and become chronic, CM treats individuals with imbalances and not disease entities. Each person is an individual experiencing an imbalance. They are not the disease. CM acknowledges and treats in accordance with this. CM’s diagnostics reveal the root causative factor of the imbalance and work to redress both the symptoms and the pathological process that gives rise to it.
The body is a natural healer. It always moves toward balance even when we choose not to. CM sees how the body is trying to help and encourages the healing capacity innate within it to restore health. This is a truly natural medicine and, in the skilled practitioner, elicits and enhances your body’s ability to heal itself.
The World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture's effectiveness for over 40 common disorders, such as:
- Ear, Nose, Throat Disorders: toothache, earache, sunusitis, rhinitis, laryngitis
- Respiratory Disorders: colds, flus, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, emphysema
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: food allergies, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, ulcers, colitis
- Circulatory Disorders: hypertension, high cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris
- Urogenital Disorders: cystitis, stress incontinence, neurogenic bladder, prostatitis, prostatic hypertrophy
- Gynecological Disorders: menstrual irregularity, endometriosis, PMS, infertility, postpartum issues, menopausal syndrome
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, TMJ, sciatica, low back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Psychoemotional and Neurological Disorders: depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, intercostal neuralgia, post-stroke paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus